Call Pickup is a feature that allows one to answer someone else's telephone call. The feature is accessed by pressing a blinking Busy Lamp Key (BLF), or by pressing a special sequence of buttons on the Gigaset phone (Feature code).
From software 2.23, you can configure a different Call Pickup code using the "|" symbol at the end.
Call Pickup using BLF key
On the Gigaset desktop devices you can configure Busy Lamp Field (BLF) keys, when these keys are blinking and pressed a Call Pickup for this incoming call is done.
Example 1: Mostly used by many platforms.
Call Pickup Code = *04
- User 1011 is receiving an incoming call.
- The BLF key 1011 on the device with number 1012 is blinking.
- User 1012 presses the blinking BLF key
- Maxwell sends invite <Call Pickup Code> + <Target number>, in this example: Request-Line: INVITE sip:*firstname.lastname@example.org SIP/2.0
Example 2: Call Pickup code is not using the Target number.
In some platforms, the Monitored number (Target number) is an user-ID and not a phone number, but the Call Pickup is using the phone number. So the Call Pickup code needs to be different.
- User1011 must be monitored using the user-ID and not his/her internal number 1011
- The Call Pickup must use the <Call Pickup Code> + <Target number>
User 1011 is receiving an incoming call.
The BLF key User1011 on the device with number 1012 is blinking.
User 1012 presses the blinking BLF key
Maxwell sends invite *041011