Bootable USB-flash drive
The setup of the T300 and T500 system on a depending Hardware requires an ISO-file located on a bootable USB-flash drive.
This document is about how to create a bootable USB-flash drive using a Windows PC.
Please plugin the USB-flash drive to your PC.
CAUTION: The flash drive requires a minimum of 2GB free disk space.
!! This guidance is valid for v5.7!! Do not use for former software versions!
Step 1: Partition the USB-flash drive
- Open the Windows taskbar and choose "run/execute"
- Type in the command "diskpart" an press Enter.
Execute the following steps one after the other:
- "list disk" - choose in the list the number of the USB-flash drive
- "select disk x" - x is the number of the drive, the USB-flash drive is now selected
- "list disk" - once more just to check, if the USB-flash drive is really selected. A * is shown at the selected drive.
- "clean" - the USB-flash drive is getting cleaned up
- "create partition primary" - creates a primary partition
- "select partition 1" - partition one is chosen
- "active" - activation of partition one
- "format fs=fat32 quick" - the USB-flash drive is now formatted to file system FAT32 quickly
- "assign" - to allocate a drive-letter to the flash drive
- "exit" - closes diskpart
Step 2: Make it bootable
Use the tool UNetbootin.
You con find it here: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
Download and execute the tool.
- Choose the option Diskimage
- Choose the desired file ".iso" behind ISO using ...
- confirm OK
- "Restart" causes a restart of your PC!!
Step 3: delete "Packages"
Delete the folder "Packages" on the USB-flash drive
Step 4: Copy .iso to flash drive
Copy the ISO-file to the root level on the USB-flash drive, the ISO file can be downloaded here.
Step 5: edit syslinux.cfg
Edit syslinux.cfg using a text editor (e.g. notepad++).
default /menu.c32 [...] label linux menu label ^Install new system kernel vmlinuz append initrd=initrd.img xdriver=vesa nomodeset ks=cdrom:/ks/ks_unatt.cfg [...]
default vesamenu.c32 [...] label linux menu label ^Install new system kernel vmlinuz append initrd=initrd.img xdriver=vesa nomodeset ks=hd:sda1:/ks/ks_unatt.cfg repo=hd:sda1:/ [...]
Unplug The USB-flash drive. It now could be used for setup the T300 / T500 PBX.