Firmware update Gigaset N720 IP
Out of the Box, the DECT manager does not know about the preferred base station software version and allows the start-up of the Base station with any software version.
Status Page -> Preferred Base station software == **.???.**.****.****
To guarantee the up to date and compatible DECT manager and Base station software you need:
- Internet Access to Firmware update Packages at profile.gigaset.net
- Or the software package on a local http server
Check software version DECT Manager and Base station
The Software version of the DECT manager and the Base station should always be the same.
What happens if the Software version is different:
- It is possible the Base station does not start-up
- Status Page -> Download Status == Failed
- System can be unstable
Automatic firmware update is not working
If the automatic firmware update is not working, you have the following possibilities.
A special module is made that download the files automatically from our Gigaset server and places the new files on the PBX, click here.
- Download the files from our wiki.
- Connect to the PBX using SSH
Go to the directory:
[root@localhost ~]# cd /var/firmware/gigaset/original
|70||1||Copy new Baselines.bin and Firmware file||Firmware files DECT manager|
|71||1||Copy new Baselines.bin and Firmware file||Firmware files DECT base|
- N720 should now be able to see the new baseline 73
Because of auto provisioning, the Gigaset T300/T500 will change the Data Server field to his own IP address, the Firmware files could not be available on the T300/T500. You have to follow the following procedure.
- Disable the Auto provisioning: Configuration - Phones - Settings - Deactivate auto provisioning.
- Press Apply to Deactivate
- Change Data server URL: Settings - Management - Firmware update - Data server to : profile.gigaset.net/device
- Press Set to activate the new URL.
- The device will now search for new Firmware on the Gigaset server.
- When available, press Update Firmware to start Firmware update.
When all Devices are ready with the Firmware update, see Status Page.
- Enable the Auto provisioning: Configuration - Phones - Settings - Activate auto provisioning.
- Press Apply
Restart the N720 so the T300/T500 can change the Data server back to the original value.
Download state is NOKIn case the download state shows “NOK” (see status page), i.e. after adding of new base station in the environment, the update job has been started again.
Settings --> Management --> Firmware Update)