In case of trouble shooting and bug hunting a Syslog server might be a very valuable tool
Install Syslog Server on a local Windows computer
If there is no syslog server available in your network, it is easy to setup a simple server on a Microsoft Windows computer in your network.
- Download Sylog Receiver from Secure.IP GmbH or use other syslog server.
- unzip MegaLogSyslogTestReceiverV2.zip into the desired directory
- execute "MegaLog Syslog Test Receiver V2.exe"
Syslog server setup :
- bind the public IP address of the windows machine to the server
- select the folder and enter the name of the logfile
- start server
everything is already done!
Maxwell syslog client setup
- login to the Maxwell web interface and navigate to the System / System-Log webpage
- enter the IP address of your syslog server
- activate syslog
- select the events you want to be syslogd (in case you don't know which one to select, select all)
- press save button. Ready!